Retailers know that if they dress up their window displays and other outside features to make them look as attractive and enticing as possible, they bring in more shoppers. Of course, having more shoppers means more potential sales.
The same holds true when selling your home.
The more appealing your property looks from the outside – from the sidewalk right up to your windows – the more likely buyers are to become interested in your home and want to schedule a viewing.
That doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on new landscaping and window dressings. In fact, there are many simple, low-cost things you can do to make your property look significantly more inviting to home shoppers.
- Mow the lawn.
- Trim the hedges.
- Plant some flowers. Place potted plants near the entrance way.
- Make sure the walkway is clear and swept clean.
- Paint the front entrance door. (If needed.)
- Clean the windows, inside and out.
- Make sure window coverings, and all other items that can been seen from the street, look great.
Make your property look better from the outside, and more buyers will say, “Yes, I want to view that home!”